Monday, December 06, 2004

I really do heart Huckabees!

"I don't need to think, I just need to beat up bad guys"~Carla Sue

Carla and I just got back from the most amazingly bizarre movie that I have seen in a long time. I <3 Huckabees. It seems to be one of those movies that is just not fair to watch once. Kind of like Being John Malkavich, Adapatation, or Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. All amazing movies, but all need to be seen more than once to comprehend their true beauty. I think my favorite thing about the movie is that it cost $1, and we were very close to being the only people in the theatre....that always allows for an enjoyable movie viewing experience. I told Carla that over J-Term break, we are going to take a break from the typical Dime Store Romance Genre Movies we watch, and the utterly predictable and mind numbing comedies that we often somehow find intreguing...and watch a plethra of indie, foreign, and umm...i don't know what it would be classified as....art nevou? sure that works. I'm excited for this. I hope I get Amelie for christmas, if not that will be one of the movies we will be renting from the video store. I'm rather looking forward to it. Ok enough pleasentries.....I have a 10 page paper due tomorrow that I haven't really started, and if i'm going to have enough stamina to speed type it tomorrow....I'll need my sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You used the word "PLETHORA" but you spelled it wrong. Amazing. We were just discussing this word the other day.

I miss you!
:(

-Carla