Sunday, December 12, 2004

MY ONE HUNDREDTH POST

Today I decided that I like it when people have pictures on their blogs. Unfortunately I don't really have any very exciting pictures that were worthy of this discovery, so instead I decided to post a picture of this pole. It's interesting. I suppose that if you gaze at it with the right mindset, it can tell you the meaning of life. But then again I suppose that with the right mindset and mood altering drugs, anything can tell you the meaning of life. Right now I've figured out my purpose of life. It's taken me a while, but I think I have this case solved. My meaning of life is to study and get good grades. Too bad it's taken me so long to realize this. I wish that my purpose was far more exciting. Something like, perhaps saving orphaned rats in Malaysia. Or maybe, rescuing tree frogs from prairie dogs in the Midwest. But instead it's not, it's studying. And because it is so utterly boring, I have decided to protest. The other day at dinner I said a really dumb thing. I have decided that grogginess and the horrifying smell of the DC seem to have an adverse effect on me. I told my roommates about how lately I have wanted to know what it would be like to be hit in the face by an elephant trunk, not hit in the face by an elephant....but hit in the face by a man who is swinging and elephant trunk. I think it would feel a lot like being hit in the face by a fire hose. Of course I don't know what that feels like either, but I do think that it would hurt far worse than a trunk. Unless of course it was the kind of trunk that you carry close in on long journeys, then I think that would hurt far more. Ok now that everyone officially thinks that I'm insane, allow me to leave you with one final thought--oh never mind, I don’t have anything left.


No comments: