Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Puff the magic dragon lives in my head


Sometimes I want to pride myself on having a vivid imagination. More times than not, i find myself in some sort of parallel universe; where the grass is green and i'm an amazing person who every one wants to emulate, and if not they just want to kill me because they can't be like me. I can just see myself walking down the side walk in Chicago. The crowded side walk mystically parts as i make my way through the sea of people. Mothers screaming at children are taken aback by my mere presence, their roudy children fall silent in their reverence. passing automobile drivers are transformed from road raging volcanoes, to kamikaze pilots as they willingly drive their cars into one another to create impromptu fire works for my grand parade. Every where i go i leave behind a chaotic array of mayhem and wonder. And for once the world is in perfect alignment, and i am awed. Nothing could ruin my perfect fantasy except for the age old question "Are you alright? You have a really funny look on your face".

Of course I do, i always do when i'm thinking, but it never seems to fail. Just when I seem to have reached the apex of my only slightly narcissitic universe, my reality comes crashing back down on me like a ton of bricks. Not even like a ton of bricks, but like a ton of bricks with thousands of glass shards embedded into them. I am once again forced to realize that i am not, and will probably never be the center of the universe.

it's a shame too, i think that i'd make a good center of the universe. as a matter of fact we should test out my hypothesis. from now on you should love me and adore me and do amazing things for me. and if not then i will smite you. or maybe not because that's like blasphemy or something. ok so maybe i won't smite you, but i will give you a really dirty look. one that will frighten you into submission. actually i will probably not do anything like that at all. i will probably just hang out in the shadows and be like the pluto of the universe. but don't worry, i'll keep dreaming about being amazing. and about people liking me. and about being needed. and about being funny and witty and unforgettable. and i'll keep blogging about...well about nothing.

No comments: