Monday, January 05, 2009

D.) It is written

I accidentally treated myself to a movie today, Slumdog Millionaire. A serendipitous moment to be sure. It was delightful. I laughed, I cried, I muffled a scream; well, if I hadn't been alone in a half-full theater that's what I would have done. Regardless, this movie was terrific. Perhaps the best movie I've seen in a while. Hands down better than 7 Pounds, which I watched last week but was left with so little of an impression that I couldn't even find the words to blog. Slumdog Millionaire on the other hand. Ugh! Fabulous. It's based on the book Q & A by Vikas Swarup, which I will be buying soon and reading with in the next decade or so, and I'm considering going to see it again. The only other movie I've seen more than once in a theater was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and this blows Harry out of the water.

Here's the trailer, let it inspire you. Then go buy tickets, and come back here so we can talk about it. Please. Now! GO!!





*Edit* After doing a bit more research, I decided to buy Q&A. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival and will devour it instantly.

No comments: