Friday, April 30, 2004

waterlogged

i read a post today on another website that made me think:

Throughout the past three years I have often felt like an island, isolated in my little world, focused on the tasks set before me and disconnected from much of my past. It can get very difficult sometimes, having no frame of reference except for the bobbing sea around me.

Today I had several opportunities to reconnect with this past, to swim back to the mainland. I feel so much smaller, and I'm so very thankful. It's good to be a factor in the equation, a step in the process, a part of the whole. It's nice to connect, to look into familiar eyes and remember the fondness I have in my heart for certain things, people, and places.

Ideally, I'd like to be a peninsula ... shooting outward yet connected, but for now I'm afraid that I just can't have that luxury. I must serve where I am and cherish what God has given me. It kind of makes me sad, but I know that this is a big ocean in need of as much dry and stable land as possible. I'm gonna stay where I am, struggling to grow palm trees that produce fruit for generations to come.


i feel the same way.....almost. over the last few weeks i've realized that i'm in a transitional stage. i haven't found my island yet, but i'm no longer on shore. i think i'm in a boat somewhere without a compass. i can still see my shore but from only from a distance......and everything is distorted and changing, it's no longer my home. but i can't yet see my island......so i'm stranded. but i think it's an ok thing though. i feel like i'm slowly starting to drift from home for a reason. i don't think i'm supposed to stay on my main land anymore, and i think God is really trying to prepare me for the day that i find my island, and begin to make a new main land. he's preparing me for the change now, and although it's scary to leave it all behind.......i'm excited, and becoming prepared!

No comments: