Thursday, February 26, 2004

hmmm....an analysis of today

so it's 12:15, eastern indiana time (i don't really know if that's a time zone or not, but please don't get me started on this not switching time like the rest of the country it's just a little too annoying for this time of night!), anyway as i was saying.....its 12:16 am indiana time which means that the day is finally over, or rather yesterday is over and today has begun. i just thought that i'd use up the last few minutes of my mental stamina before going to bed. (PRAISE THE LORD I'M GOING TO BE GOING TO BED!!!)...so i want to just sort of analyze today, or rather yesterday.hmmm....its been a pretty lazy day even though i can't really afford a lazy day, i guess sometimes that just the way things are from the start. for example: i "accidently" skipped my new testament class today to sleep longer (this wouldn't have been necessary if a certain individual on baker 2nd [cough] stump [cough] hadn't been playing basketball at midnight yesterday evening!). so i skipped class and had to seriously talk myself into going to the rest of them, which is really sad because all the money i'm sinking into my education should have been motivation enough; and normally it is, just not today...yesterday...i guess. but so yeah anyway the day was just sort of slow, i did some homework (not nearly enough and i'll be paying for that all day tomorrow, or i mean today). i went to eckleseia tonight. it's the first time that i've been there since last year. i just sort of went to get a chapel credit (ya ya ya i know kinda wrong right?), but it turned out not to be so bad. i hadn't realized it but today is ash wednesday. now i don't typically find myself participating in lent. i guess that's because i primarily associate it with Catholicism, which i do not practice. but tonight in eck, amos kind of spoke on the fruit of the spirit and how if we are trying to "win" God's approval, we will never naturally produce any good fruit. which kind of got me thinking. i want to naturally produce the fruit of the spirit, and i want to do things for the Lord but not to win his approval but to praise him, and to deepen my relationship with him, and to know more of who he is. so where is this going? ahh, here is the point (pointpointpointpointpoint....what a fun word to type!pointpointpointpoint.....hehehehe someday i'll grow up!)...what was i talking about? oh yes my point! my point is that i've been considering using this lent as a time to deepen my relationship with God, to give up something that has really been distracting me from him. something more than just ice cream and chocolate, but something that is going to be really hard. maybe like.....the internet! oh wouldn't that be something.....actually that is a good idea.....i could give up all of the time that i waste surfing the web, and use that time for personal devos or working with the jmc, doing something with my temple that praises my great and mighty creator for who he is! yeah i think i like that idea, and that's the point of my story!

No comments: