Friday, October 03, 2008

The Silver Lining

The National Book Festival. A delightful little affair I'd been excited about for months, mainly because Neil Gaiman was there and I was dying to hear him speak. Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, I completely missed the reading...and the signing...and the the bulk of the festival. Downtrodden and dejected, I'd accepted the fact that two months of excitement had fizzled. So I clung to the hope that the next First Lady will continue the tradition, and Neil Gaiman would grace the Metro region with his presence again. That was until yesterday.

For you see, yesterday I discovered that Gaiman's tour for his new book, The Graveyard Book, is broadcast online. And better yet, at each stop he's reading one chapter! Delightful! Chapters 1-3 are broadcast on his website, www.neilgaiman.com.

And better news still, his reading at the National Book Festival is available online too!

Although it's not the same as hearing it in person, it does somehow make up for the bitter disappointment.

1 comment:

Sarahhh said...

aw Jamie... I'm so bummed we missed it too...grr.

But delightful news there. You still get to hear him, if not see him.

Happy Saturday.