Thursday, September 08, 2005

A heartbreaking work of staggering genius (yes i did pinch that title from dave eggers)

i just spent an hour and a half debriefing my internship at camp. a bit of a trip down memory lane. i have to go to camp admin in a little while, today is making me miss camp. because i was in such a reminiscent mood, i decided to IM two people from camp. they both signed off just as i was about to send the message. it was really a very sad thing. now i'm stuck with my memories and no one to share them with.

i'm starting to get a strange yearning in chest. a yearning to read. to read the books that are on my desk. they stare at me day after day, and i need to read them. i must read them. i fear that if i don't my heart will burst out of my ribs and leap onto my bookshelf. fear not dear heart, one day your passion will be met. one day i will have time to read. and you will grow, and learn, and you will be satisfied; even if only for a moment.

No comments: