Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things of Coraline, and books, of course

i saw a trailer for Coraline on tv the other night. I was so excited I squealed and made everyone in the room be quite. The 11 year old I was babysitting was the only one in the room, or house. So he sat there quitely staring at me wondering if I'd gone mad. Perhaps I have. But I think I'm just mad for Coraline.



What else, let's see. I've read a lot of books recently, only one worth mentioning: SLAM, by Nick Hornby. I've been a Hornby fan for years, and SLAM was no exception. It's the story of Sam, the 16 year old narrator who gets his girlfriend pregnant and learns to deal with the consequences. It reminded me of Catcher in the Rye. That is of course if Holden Caulfield knocked up his girlfriend, and was obsessed with Tony Hawk. It is a terrific read, and I highly recommend it for teens, and adults, and anyone who is of the human persuasion.

Also in book news, my friend Danica just gave me my Christmas present. A Lion Among Men, Volume Three in the Wicked Years. I'm so freakin' excited. I've been wanting to read this since it came out in October, but I didn't want to pay for it. And now I don't have too! Hooray! Thanks Danica!

I was going to write about other things. But now I'm so excited about my new book that I just can't! Well that and I'm at work and should probably do some of that too!

No comments: